Monday, August 6, 2007

A good weekend

I am in California for another two weeks, so I don't know first hand about the traffic jams around the cities because of the bridge. But I do know that a good amount of people made it out to the dome this weekend to watch the Twins take 2 out of three from the Cleveland Indians to move within 4.5 games of second place in the AL Central.


"We smell blood right now," says Twins center fielder Torii Hunter , "we're ready to go."


I love to hear this right now because the pitching, i.e. Scott Baker, is really stepping up right now even if the offense isn't. Morneau is in a 0-14 slump right now and Nick Punto couldn't hit the side of a barn. The bright spot of the weekend hitting was Alexi Casilla. His ground rule double scored Jason Kubel and the only run that the Twins would need.


Gardy seems to like Casilla much more than Castillo. Even going as far to say that Casilla is better because he can run and play everyday since he doesn't have the legs of a 65 year old.


I like when Gardy has confidence in a young player, because it will rub off on that player and I think it will put Casilla in a good position.


The Twins finish up their series tonight at 7:10 at the dome with Carlos Silva going against Paul Byrd. For those of you who paid for your tickets tonight, I'm sorry.


Here's a quick article that I'm sure will make some of you happy. I know that here at Court's Sports, it's a big deal.


Notice other stories : Timberwolves as a very viable buy and the NBA season must represent a full moon to Trenton Hassell's offensive game...



Have a great Monday.

No comments: